gilt; parcel silver; ceramic
202 mm (H)94 mm (W)136 mm (D)Order this image
Polesden Lacey, Surrey (Accredited Museum)
On show at
Nymphenburg tankard mounted with parcel silver and gilt, decorated with putto and the initials 'FHR', c.1765. The Nymphenburg factory was founded in Germany in 1747 to produce porcelain.
The bequest of Margaret (Anderson) McEwan, The Hon. Mrs Ronald - later Dame Margaret - Henry Fulke Greville, DBE (1863-1942) from probate records linked with the donation of the property to the National Trust in 1943. This item found on the record for Polesden Lacey English and other porcelain stored in cellars, page 99.
Marks and inscriptions
impressed shild mark / 1771 (marked in crimson enamel)