S and H. Jewell
Solid mahogany, brass castors
71 x 279 x 152 cmOrder this image
Standen House and Garden, West Sussex (Accredited Museum)
A solid mahogany extending dining table, English, supplied by S & H Jewell in 1894. Having six additional leaves, the rounded rectangular top carved with a leaf and berry edge, above a plain deep apron, standing on eight carved and reeded tapering legs, each with an upper bulbous knop and terminating in heavy brass castors below a husk-carved collar. It is understood that when at maximum length with all six leaves the table was turned at right angles to its present position and extended into the breakfast alcove.
Supplied to James Beale in May 1894 by S & H Jewell of Little Queen Street, High Holborn, London together with the '14 Spanish mahogany Jacobean upholstered seat chairs with high backs' (NT 1213987) and '2 Ditto Elbow chairs' (NT 1213986), all for £88-15.
Makers and roles
S and H. Jewell, cabinet maker