An inlaid oak and yew cross banded table cabinet, English, mid 18th century. The moulded cornice above a hinged panelled door inlaid with a star motif, enclosing two shelves and three drawers and with a single drawer to the base, raised on bracket feet.
Speke Hall and its contents were bequeathed, as a secondary devise, to the National Trust by Adelaide Watt (d.1921) in 1943. Speke was initially bequeathed to the Norris family (who built the original house during the 16th century). It was then leased to Liverpool City Council and later to the Museums Department of Merseyside County Council. The National Trust took over direct management of the house and its contents in 1986.