A pair of ebonised beech open armchairs, English, circa 1890. Each with a rectangular lattice back, rush seat and turned arm supports and legs tied by stretchers.
Speke Hall and its contents were bequeathed, as a secondary devise, to the National Trust by Adelaide Watt (d.1921) in 1943. Speke was initially bequeathed to the Norris family (who built the original house during the 16th century). It was then leased to Liverpool City Council and later to the Museums Department of Merseyside County Council. The National Trust took over direct management of the house and its contents in 1986.