1680 - 1700
WalnutOrder this image
Chirk Castle, Wrexham (Accredited Museum)
Chair. One of a set of six William and Mary walnut side chairs, late 17thc, in the manner of Daniel Marot. The splats originally caned and embellished in the mid-19thc with carved splats, probably under the direction of AWN Pugin. Each with pierced arched top-rail and foliate splat above a padded seat on baluster legs. Joined by cross stretchers on bun feet.
Amongst chattels previously on loan to the National Trust from the Myddelton family. These chattels were purchased on behalf of the National Trust in the Christie's auction at Chirk on 21st June 2004.