Dalbergia cearensis, Kingwood [dalbergia cearensis], Leather, Ormolu
740 mm (H); 810 mm (W); 1780 mm (D)Order this image
Chirk Castle, Wrexham (Accredited Museum)
Desk. A French kingwood veneered serpentine bureau plat of 3 drawers on cabriole legs with ormolu mounts and leather top, c.1850.
Previously amongst the chattels that, in 1978, were acquired along with Chirk Castle from Lt-Col Ririd Myddelton (1902–1988) by the National Land Fund and handed, on loan for 99 years, to the Secretary of State for Wales. In 1981 Chirk was transferred into the ownership of the National Trust. Chattels from the estate of Lady Margaret Myddelton that were accepted in lieu in 2006.Previously on loan to the Trust by Guy Myddelton.