Anglepoise lamps, or lampe d'architecte in French, can be found in many rooms at 2 Willow Road, from the study to the living room. They were ideal for the architect Ernö Goldfinger, as they could be easily positioned to illuminate his work.
A Norwegian black lacquered steel anglepoise lamp. The shade moulded with a stepped flared dome, affixed with a white bakelite push switch to the back of the lamp head. Supported on two adjustable arms, tensioned with four springs, mounted on a circular rotating joint, itself moulded to a flat metal plate that screws into the wall.
Bequeathed to the National Trust by Ernö Goldfinger (1902-1987) and Ursula Ruth Blackwell, Mrs Ernö Goldfinger (d.1991), formally acquired in 1994.
Marks and inscriptions
On joint between arms.: "LUXIO / LAMP" On one arm nearer the lamp head end.: "U.S Pat No 2787434" On arm.: "NORWAY" within a lozenge.