possibly Shudi Burkat (1702-1773)
A mid 18th Century mahogany cased two manual harpsichord in shaped case, border inlay with lines and decorative brass hinges. The action with six stops and two pedals. On stand with four turned legs and pad feet with crossed and longitudinal stretchers. Possibly made by Burkat Shudi.
Purchased in 1987 by the National Heritage Memorial Fund from Francis Curzon, 3rd Viscount Scarsdale (1924-2000). On loan to the National Trust from the National Heritage Memorial Fund 1987-1988. Purchased by the National Trust in 1988 from the National Heritage Memorial Fund.
Makers and roles
possibly Shudi Burkat (1702-1773) , harpsichord maker