1740 - 1760
Walnut, oak, brass & glass
256 x 174 x 52 cm
Place of origin
Kedleston Hall, Derbyshire (Accredited Museum)
A walnut display cabinet on chest, Dutch, mid 18th century.The arcaded moulded cornice above a pair of astragal glazed doors flanked by glazed paneled sides, the lower section with two short and two long shaped drawers and raised on claw and ball feet, shaped apron and crest.
Purchased in 1986 by the National Heritage Memorial Fund from Francis Curzon, 3rd Viscount Scarsdale (1924-2000). Gifted to the National Trust in 1987 by the National Heritage Memorial Fund.