One of a pair of George III side tables with florentine scagliola slab tops decorated (perhaps by Domenico Bartoli) with the Arms of the first Baron Scarsdale, with band of egg and dart moulding, below this between rosettes is a frieze of carved acanthus leaves interspersed with fluting, spirally turned legs. Originally made for Lord Scarsdale's dressing room in the Family Pavillion. Tops probably supplied by Joseph Witton in 1759 and the bases made by local craftsmen including Robert Robinson and Joseph Hall.
Curzon Collection acquired by gift as part of the transfer of Kedleston Hall to The National Trust in 1986.
Makers and roles
Joseph Hall, carver Joseph Witton (fl.1759) Robert Adam (Kirkcaldy 1728 - London 1792), designer Robert Robinson, joiner