Felbrigg Hall, Norfolk
This collection has 22,402 items online
With its back to the north Norfolk coast, Felbrigg Hall watches serenely over its 1700 acre estate. The house has evolved since the 1620s to form a home that people can still imagine living in today. The Grand Tour paintings in the Cabinet remain laid out as planned by William Windham II in the 1750s and the Library holds over 5000 books collected by successive generations of the family. The last squire, R.W. Ketton-Cremer, gave the house and, unusually, all of its contents along with the entire estate to the National Trust in 1969.
The Battle of the Texel (Kijkduin), 11/21 August 1673, the Engagement of the Two Fleets
Willem van der Velde the elder (Leyden 1611 – London 1693)
William Windham II (1717-1761) in the Uniform of a Hussar
John Shackleton (fl.1742 - London 1767) or James Dagnia (1708/9-175)