1936 - 1952
cast iron and paint
1000 x 335 mmOrder this image
Egryn Abbey, Gwynedd
Post box. A post box in pieces. Cast iron and painted red with "GVIR" surmounted by a crown and the words "POST OFFICE" below moulded on the front. A frame with which to hold the collection times to the front just below the letter box.
Egryn was bequeathed to the National Trust from Mr Rodney Bryne who died in 2000, the Egryn estate was finally transferred to the National Trust in May 2002. The estate includes 476 acres of farmland avariety of farm buildings, there was also a collection of vehicles and Egryn was bequeathed to the National Trust from Mr Rodney Bryne who died in 2000, the Egryn estate was finally transferred to the Trust in May 2002.
Marks and inscriptions
Front: [surmounted by crown] / GVIR / POST OFFICE