A bois satiné and ormolu mounted bureau plat, French, circa 1750. with a shaped top with inset tooled leather surface and with a cast ormolu edge with further C scroll applied cast corner brackets. With three drawers to the frieze with central feather mounts and scrolled floral mounts to the top on the cabriole legs. The sides with caryatid and leaf spray cast mounts.
Part of the Lothian Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust by Philip, 11th Marquess of Lothian (1882-1940).