940 x 580 mm; 1940 mm (Length)
Place of origin
TaplowOrder this image
Courts, Holt, Wiltshire
Stone garden seat, the inside back carved with 4 raised and fielded panels and curved arms decorated on the outside. Seat is supported on three plain slab supports. Oolitic Bath Stone and Limpley Stoke Stone. Base bed incorporates new sections
Introduced by Sir George Hastings, c.1900, architect, and owner of The Courts, from Ranelagh House, Barnes, London.
Makers and roles
Thomas Flemons, stone conservator