Stained glass, lead and wood.
Place of origin
Penrhyn Castle, Gwynedd (Accredited Museum)
A stained glass lunette, one of three panels attributed to Betton and Evans of Shrewsbury, circa 1836. A heraldic shield to the centre and a zig zag border of red roses on a blue ground edged in yellow. The heraldic shield divided into 6 coats of arms on the viewing left, and a single coat of arms of a black double headed eagle to the viewing right. Executed in coloured glass, rich silver stains and glass enamels
Probably amongst the stained glass that the Dawkins-Pennant family commissioned Betton & Evans of Shrewsbury to make. David Evans of Shrewsbury was paid £7 6s for stained glass in 1836.
Makers and roles
David Evans, stained glass maker