The Adoration of the Magi
John Dixon (1783 - 1857)
In the 1840s the Great Hall was radically altered. Heavy oak door-cases were installed, a new ceiling with huge wooden pendants was fitted and these stained glass windows dating from 1450 to the 19th century were added. Today the glass creates beautiful patterns on the walls and floor in the afternoon sunlight.
A stained glass panel showing The Adoration of the Magi. It is a copy of the original at the Church of St Peter Mancroft, Norwich which was made for Felbrigg Hall by John Dixon, a glass painter and warden of St Peter Mancroft.
A copy of the original at the Church of St Peter Mancroft, Norwich, made in 1837 for Felbrigg Hall by John Dixon, a glass painter and warden of St Peter Mancroft. Part of the stained glass collection amassed in the mid-nineteenth century by William Howe Windham (1802-1854) Part of the Windham Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1969 by Robert Wyndham Ketton-Cremer (1906-1969).
Makers and roles
John Dixon (1783 - 1857), stained glass maker