Cotton, calico, wool
1920 x 150 mm
Erddig, Wrexham (Accredited Museum)
Printed Cotton. One of six cotton plain weave fragments printed two shades of pink, red, green, blue/grey and purple/brown with a repeat pattern every 13cm x 14cm The design is of a diamond trellis of ribbons and roses with undyed cotton plain weave calico lining. The trimming is scalloped edging , undyed cotton , wool dyed peach, turquoise, two shades of green, russet, yellow and cream 4cm flat. This fragment is from a valance, hand and machine sewn, edged on two sides, hemmed on one side with tack marks and cut one end.
Given by Philip Yorke III (1905-1978) along with the estate, house and contents to the National Trust in 1973.