1769 - c 1840
545 mm (Width); 460 mm (Length)
Erddig, Wrexham (Accredited Museum)
Silk fragment. A fragment of crimson silk damask, with crimson silk warp and crimson worsted weft. It has a warp faced satin ground with plain weave motifs and the repeat is of two alternating formal plant motifs. It is French or possibly English.
Given by Philip Yorke III (1905-1978) along with the estate, house and contents to the National Trust in 1973.