Chelsea Porcelain Factory (1744-1769)
Chocolate cup. One of a pair of Chelsea yellow-ground, two-handled, porcelain chocolate cups and saucers; painted in colours with naturalistic flowers including sweet peas, on a yellow ground; the pierced handles enriched with gilding; gilt rims. c.1760s. Gold anchor marks.
Given by Philip Yorke III (1905-1978) along with the estate, house and contents to the National Trust in 1973.
Marks and inscriptions
On the base: [Anchor mark]
Makers and roles
Chelsea Porcelain Factory (1744-1769), potters