Newtown Old Town Hall
This town hall in the former medieval borough of Newtown was built in c.1699 and has late 18th-century alterations. It is built of red brick on 3 sides and yellow brick on the 4th side, and has a hipped tiled roof. Inside there is an exhibition on Ferguson’s Gang, a group of anonymous benefactors who raised funds for the National Trust between 1930 and 1947. Newtown Old Town Hall was one of the buildings for which they secured funds, enabling the National Trust to purchase and restore it.