King Edward VI (1537–1553)
British (English) School
Oil painting on panel, King Edward VI (1537–1553), English School, 16th century. A half-length portrait of Edward VI [?young Hnery VIII], after an original of circa 1542/3, by same copyist as BUC/P/11, looking to left with his hands in front of him at waist height and holding a Tudor rose.
Probably acquired by Arthur Radford of Bradninch Manor (d.1925) between 1890 and 1920; by descent to his son, Courtenay Arthur Ralegh Radford (d. 2000), of Culmcott House, Uffculme; loaned to Buckland Abbey whilst leased by the Plymouth City Museum; loan transferred to the National Trust on the expiry of the lease in 1988; bequeathed by Ralegh Radford in 2000
Makers and roles
British (English) School, artist