circa 1700 - 1730
195 x 141.5 x 59 cm
Place of origin
England or WalesOrder this image
Bateman's, East Sussex (Accredited Museum)
An oak livery cupboard, English/Welsh, early to mid-18th century. With moulded cornice above a pair of doors with later iron hinges, each with a pair of square fielded panels above two rows of two rectangular fielded panels. The doors enclosing an interior fitted with a later division, rails and hooks. The ends with four plain panels. Later base moulding and bracket feet.
Listed in the Double Spare Room (North) in the inventory taken at Bateman's in 1939. Bequeathed by Caroline Starr Balestier, Mrs Rudyard Kipling (1862-1939) with Bateman’s and its contents.