A fabric doll in Girl Guide uniform, possibly 1920's. She is called 'Norma'. The donor's late wife, Norma, was a keen guide in her youth and was given the doll in about 1975 by an elderly friend of her mother. The doll's uniform comprises a long blue dress with two breast pockets, a navy hat, a green tie and a blown leather belt. The dress has a badge sewn to the breast, a red and green tassel on one shoulder and a trefoil Girl Guide badge on her tie. She has a woven string sash over her shoulder with a wooden whistle on the end. She wears white ankle socks and brown leather shoes tied with bows. The doll has blonde curly hair and her face is moulded with her facial features carefully painted on.
Given to the donor's late wife in about 1975 by an elderly friend of her mother's and donated to the Museum of Childhood by Mr Barry Kicks in September 2010.
Marks and inscriptions
Badge on the tie: [the badge is in the shape of a trefoil] 'G G / GIRL GUIDES'