A wooden doll's cot consisting of four sides painted in pale blue paint (circa 1940-1949). It has four legs at each corner with wood supports on the shorter length onto which the spring wire and wood section fits. Above this level on the longer lengths are two bars on each side of a wood insert with four oblongs cut out. The same wood insert is copied on the shorter lengths but with no bars. One of the long sides moves down by moving a small metal peg on the left side and pushing down on the wood, there are metal hooks on each side at the top and bottom that secure the metal rods allowing the side to move up and down through cut-out holes in the wood. On three of the sides, in the inserts there are transfer stickers attached, two are of 'Womble' ('Wellington' - with hat and glasses and 'Tomsk' - with 'W' on his chest) and characters and one unknown cat and mouse design.
Donated to the Museum of Childhood by Mrs Janette Gardiner in August 2010.