A (circa 1915 - 1920) baby's fine cotton lawn or christening gown. The gown has long sleeves gathered into an open worked and lace edged cuff. The neck is edged with lace. The bodice has alternate bands of pin tucks and lace inserts. Nearest to the sleeves are three pintucks, next to and just one either side of the centre lace panel. The bodice is joined to the skirt with a cut out band across the front. There is a long opening at the centre of the back which is fastened with two small pearl buttons. The skirt is finished with one narrow band of lace and three broader bands, then lace attached to the hem. The lace has a wavy floral pattern on it.
Donated to the Museum of Childhood by Miss Clifford in July 1972.