One of a pair of Victorian cabinets with burr walnut veneer and brass mounts. The rectangular chamfered front corners square section project beyond chamfers and are supported by fluted columns with Corinthian capital mounts and bulbous metal bases decorated with applied acanthus leaves. The door and frieze are decorated with strapwork veneer; the door has central trophy featuring the arts. Frieze has oval porelain mounts painted in the Sevres style with a woman in the fashion of the late 18th century. Inside has two mahogany shelves.
Presented by Sir Archibald and Lady Montgomery-Massingberd to the National Trust in 1944 as part of the Gunby Hall collection