circa 1700 - 1720
141 cm (H); 56 cm (W); 53 cm (D)
Place of origin
NetherlandsOrder this image
Gunby Hall Estate, Lincolnshire
On show at
Not on show
One of a pair of walnut and upholstered high back chairs, Netherlands, circa 1700-1720. Each with pierced and carved crests held by turned supports flanking a padded back panel, with a pierced apron flanked by applied bell flower carving. The drop in seat and shaped apron raised on turned legs with collars and united by turned baluster side stretchers, the central stretcher arched.
Gifted to the National Trust by Field Marshal Sir Archibald and Lady Montgomery Massingberd in 1944.