1800 - 1899
Giltwood and silvered glassOrder this image
Berrington Hall, Herefordshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
The drawing room was Thomas Harley’s principal sitting room and was described in 1796 as ‘very elegantly finished and furnished’. It features a pair of pier-glasses with sprays of leaves and garlands above which were part of the original decorative scheme for the room.
One of a pair of 19th century carved giltwood framed mirrors surmounted by plates of floral emblems.
Accepted in lieu of death-duties in 1954 and transferred to the National Trust in 1959.