One of a suite of mahogany library open bookcases, English, commissioned in 1853. Each with moulded cornice and divided into variously sized sections, mostly double or single sections and standing on plinths, each frieze at waist height applied with letters of the alphabet on ivorine labels, this one J.
Gift from Sir Charles Philips Trevelyan 3rd Bt
Marks and inscriptions
J (on ivory labels)
Makers and roles
Sopwith , cabinet maker