Metal and malachite miniature lantern clock.
175 x 95 x 95 mm
Place of origin
FranceOrder this image
Anglesey Abbey, Cambridgeshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
8-day French miniature lantern clock in silver case, c.1901. Single train, 4 pillar movement with lever platform escapement and stamped on backplate 'French Movement'. Silver dial with silver chapter ring having Roman numerals. Silver hands. Lacquered silver lantern clock case, hallmarked Birmingham 1901. Engraved on outside right hand door 'H.H. Rogers, January 29, 1907. EHHandMES' Standing on small square malachite covered base. Mock 'bell' on case top with silver frets around.
Bequeathed to the National Trust by Huttleston Rogers Broughton, 1st Lord Fairhaven (1896-1966) with the house and the rest of the contents.