Architecture / Features & Decoration
1730 x 2400 mmOrder this image
Benthall Hall, Shropshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
Carved overmantel in two tiers, tapering pilasters flanking two strapwork reserves containing oval bosses, arms of Benthall impaled with Cassy. Two pairs of wyverns from Cassy arms in panel below. Painted white; bosses in red, blue, gold, silver. 1630 (circa).
Believed to have been commissioned by Lawrence Benthall. Transferred to the ownership of the National Trust with the contents of Benthall Hall in the Deed Of Gift made by Mary Clemantina Benthall and dated 8th August 1958.