1850 - 1900
50 x 260 x 260 mm
Place of origin
Tredegar, Newport (Accredited Museum)
Soup plate. A ceramic circular soup plate from a Copeland / Spode dinner service with the Morgan crest, 1850-1900. White background decorated with a blue crest in the centre and blue geometric pattern around the raised and scalloped rim.
Donated to Newport Museums and Galleries ('1st Yorke donation'). On loan to the National Trust from Newport Museums and Galleries.
Marks and inscriptions
Underside of base: W.F. COPELAND & SONS / STOKE-ON-TRENT ENGLAND
Makers and roles
Copeland Spode , manufacturer (ceramic)