Asprey & Co Ltd
A square silver-plated stand with a hooked loop handle, for holding a dish? Marked 'A and Co, Asprey, London'. '19944'. Enquiries with Asprey, London in April 2015 reveal that the article was manufactured between 1933 and 1939 (Evidenced by makers mark). Asprey (Blair Davis head of silver and crystal) in conjunction with their workshop believe the item would at one point have had a marble/stone tablet sitting atop the semi-circular rings, enabling it to be a trivet of some sort, preventing hot food items transferring heat to the table or alternatively it could be used as a cheese board if the tablet were made of glass/marble.
Part of the Windham Collection. The hall and contents were bequeathed to the National Trust in 1969 by Robert Wyndham Ketton-Cremer (1906-1969)
Makers and roles
Asprey & Co Ltd , silversmiths