Rush light holder
Historic Services / Lighting
290 mm (H)100 mm (Diameter)Order this image
Snowshill Manor and Garden, Gloucestershire (Accredited Museum)
One of eleven iron rush light holders and rush taper holders. Rush taper holder with simple iron body with jaws and curved adjusting arm ending in a square finial. Set in a circular wooden base which is turned and looks like it may have been a pole or furniture finial.
Given to the National Trust with Snowshill Manor in 1951 by Charles Paget Wade.