An oak and specimen wood cigar humidor, English, second half 19th century, the rectangular top with moulded rim, the top inlaid with a chequered border of ebonized and boxwwod inlay and a decorative pattern of squares and shapes in the same woods, the top above a single frieze drawer, two cupboard doors each with an arched recessed panel relief carved with a bird and nest of their young, the doors flanked by turned columns with chequered inlay on shaped bases and with block sections to the top applied with shaped corbels, the sides each with a deep recessed rectangle above a square, the inside of the doors with small paneled sections, the interior with a panel perforated with 70 holes to hold cigars, a second perforated sheet behind this one to support the cigars, a small quarter-filet along the base of the front perforated panel made up of bands of specimen woods, above two small drawers with raised ebonized rims and the drawer fronts inlaid with boxwood stringing and lozenges divided by ebonized lines, each drawer with a turned wood handle painted with rings to the front, the sides of the interior inlaid with a lozenge pattern of specimen woods, the rear of the humidor divided into four sections, each section incised with diagonal lines, the sections centred by a raised circle with a pierced floral motif.
Sunnycroft was built in 1880 for J.G. Wackrill, founder of the Shropshire Brewery. It was bought in the early 1890s by Mary Jane Slaney who proceeded to extend the house and lay out the grounds to create the estate that is there today. After Mary Slaney died in 1912 the property was bought by her brother-in-law John Vernon Thomas Lander. Three generations of the Lander family lived at Sunnycroft. J.V.T. Lander's granddaughter Joan bequeathed the estate to the National Trust in 1997.