Oil painting on board, A Lincolnshire Church by W. Dodd, signed and dated: W Dodd 1949. It is the church where Ursula Tudor Perkins, who inherited A La Ronde in 1975, was married. A view down a country lane with a hedge and tall tree at the far left and fenced off trees on the right. At the end of the lane is a gated entrance to a farmyard with hay ricks at the far left and a series of buildings set out in a quadrangle, at the centre of which is a walled kitchen garden. The church rises up above the farm buildings in the background. It has a square tower with crenellations and is flanked by mature trees in full leaf. The Summer sky is coloured blue-violet with white clouds at centre left.
Presented to Ursula Tudor Perkins on her marriage by the artist who was gardener to her mother in 1949; purchased by the National Trust with the house and gardens from Mrs Ursula Tudor Perkins with the help of a grant from the NHMF in 1990
Marks and inscriptions
W Dodd 1949
Makers and roles
W. Dodd, artist