1105 mm (H); 1180 mm (W); 800 mm (D)Order this image
Chirk Castle, Wrexham (Accredited Museum)
Sideboard. Buffet. Five-sided three tier oak buffet with four cup and cover ( of two designs) which came from 17th century court cupboard sand four doric column supports, dated to the 19th century. Constructed in the 1840s from antiquarian pieces.
Previously amongst the chattels that, in 1978, were acquired along with Chirk Castle from Lt-Col Ririd Myddelton (1902–1988) by the National Land Fund and handed, on loan for 99 years, to the Secretary of State for Wales. In 1981 Chirk was transferred into the ownership of the National Trust. Acceptance in lieu, 1999. Now owned by the National Trust.