Diederich Nicolaus Anderson
1760 - 1820
gilt, bronze, pewter & wood
1150 mm (Height); 220 mm (Diameter)
Place of origin
EnglandOrder this image
Kedleston Hall, Derbyshire (Accredited Museum)
On show at
A pair of George III bronzed pewter chestnut vases and covers with detachable finials, mounted with tongs and applied metal-gilt mounted chased with rams' heads, vine festoons and acanthus leaves, wood bases. Made by Diederich Nicolaus Anderson, probably to a design by James Athenian Stuart. There are four detachable sub-parts to each vase.
Curzon Collection acquired by gift as part of the transfer of Kedleston Hall to The National Trust in 1986.
Makers and roles
Diederich Nicolaus Anderson, manufacturer James Athenian Stuart (London 1713 - London 1788), designer